Wednesday 11 February 2015

Caged Sanctuary by Tempeste O'Riley (m/m, BDSM) 4/5 stars

Caged Sanctuary by Tempeste O'Riley

(m/m, BDSM)4/5 stars


Caged Sanctuary is the first book I've read by Tempeste O'Riley, but it definitely won't be the last.  I discovered this book when it was recommended to me on Amazon, and after reading the blurb I went ahead and purchased it.  I must admit that one of the reasons I was attracted to the book was the fact that one of the heroes was a wheelchair user.  I've never read a BDSM book where one of the characters used a wheelchair, and being a wheelchair user myself this really intrigued me.  


"Kaden Thorn, a dental surgeon who lives a quiet life, has no hope of finding the love he craves. A vicious gay bashing cost him the use of his legs and confined him to a wheelchair. He has given up hope of finding a Dom or even a non-kink partner to love him. When his best friend practically forces him to attend a dinner party, the last thing he expects is a strong Dom who can see beyond his wheels.Deacon James is an architect and a demanding Dom, but he has spent the last couple of years without a sub or partner. When an employee invites him to a dinner party to meet his girlfriend, Deacon smells a setup but agrees anyway. He prides himself on being an excellent judge of character, and when he meets the younger dentist, he sees past the chair and finds a sweet submissive man who more than piques his interest.Kade’s fears and demons continue to haunt him, challenging Deacon to use everything he’s learned as a Dom to earn Kade’s trust and submission. Deacon’s determined, though, willing to battle all of it to have Kade by his side and at his feet."

I really liked both of the main characters.  Kade was so sweet and endearing, and Deacon was such a caring Dom who went out of his way to ensure that Kade was able to feel safe and comfortable with him.  I found myself really routing for this couple, and hoping that Deacon would be successful in showing Kade that he could still submit to and serve a Dom despite being paralysed.  I found the adaptions that Deacon used when he scened with Kade really interesting, and it was obvious that the author had carefully researched BDSM and disabilities.

The supporting cast were interesting and well-rounded characters too, who really added something to the story too.  I loved Kade's friend Jake, and was happy that they reconnected after Kade had distanced himself following his awful homophobic attack.

Caged Sanctuary is now one of my favourite m/m books.  The story was well written, with lovable lead characters and sex scenes that were hot, hot, hot!  I would definitely recommend this book to other lovers of BDSM and and m/m books. I just wish that there was a Deacon somewhere out there for me!

Buy from Amazon


I purchased this book myself from Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment